Bonnier Corp. has expanded its presence as the pre-eminent publisher in the men’s market, acquiring nine motorcycle brands from Source Interlink Media. Under the deal, Bonnier acquires Motorcyclist, Sport Rider, Dirt Rider, Motorcycle Cruiser, Hot Bike, Baggers, Super Streetbike, Street Chopper and ATV Rider. At the same time, Bonnier sells to Source Interlink’s Grind Media division: Sound + Vision, TransWorld SNOWboarding, TransWorld Motocross, TransWorld SKATEboarding, TransWorld SURF, TransWorld RIDEbmx and TransWorld Business.
Bonnier will now own the top two motorcycle brands in the industry: Cycle World and Motorcyclist. Along with the other motorcycle titles, the collection will form the Bonnier Motorcycle Group, which will become the largest motorcycle-enthusiast media group in the world.
Highlights of the newly acquired brands include:
• Motorcyclist, the flagship title of the group, covers all facets of motorcycling. It includes sportbikes, cruisers, tourers, adventure bikes and standards, with significant details on parts and accessories and the experience of owning and caring for motorcycles.
• Sport Rider is the largest brand catering to high-performance sport bikes.
• Dirt Rider is the largest off-road motorcycle magazine delivering high-quality, informative and entertaining coverage of all forms of off-road motorcycle recreation.
• Motorcycle Cruiser is the only brand dedicated exclusively to real-world cruising.
• Hot Bike focuses on the Harley-Davidson experience. Readers get the latest tips and techniques to turn their bikes into customized dream machines.
• Baggers covers the hottest custom creations, current-model road tests, in-depth technical installations, theory articles, national rallies and touring stories.
• Super Streetbike is the largest brand devoted to the rapidly growing custom sport-bike market.
• Street Chopper covers the lifestyle of readers living on the road and in the garage.
• ATV Rider features the many ways that enthusiasts can enjoy ATV riding.
Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.