dmg events has announced the acquisition of long established Pan African exhibition organiser Exhibition Management Services Pty Ltd (EMS) – headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa. dmg events is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Daily Mail General Trust plc, an international portfolio of digital, information, media and events businesses.
Geoff Dickinson, CEO, dmg events, said: “This acquisition is part of our strategy to become key event players in Africa. EMS offers a strategic hub in Africa’s largest economy.”
EMS adds five shows to the existing portfolio of dmg events:
* SAITEX – A non-food retail products exhibition
* Africa’s Big Seven (AB7) – The continent’s biggest food and beverage industry trade expo
* WAMPEX – Mining and power, machinery and technology, Ghana
* INDUTEC – Industrial design and manufacturing expo
* CIS – An industry showcase in Cape Town, covering the oil & gas, marine and offshore, logistics and temperature controlled warehousing sectors together with relevant small business suppliers.
dmg events now operates 12 events across the continent, including construction and interiors in Morocco, oil and gas in Egypt, construction and coatings in Kenya, and the Global African Investment Summit that takes place in London, UK and Kigali, Rwanda.
For the full story read In Publishing