Digital publishing consultancy Mequoda Group has released the results of its third Digital Magazine Market Study. This year, the firm tripled its sample size to 3,642 U.S. adults and backed off the tablet-specific demo they used for the previous studies, which negates year-over-year comparisons, but there are still more than a few highlights.
Respondents are fairly active readers of digital magazines, but not overly so. According to the survey, about 63 percent had not read a digital magazine in the last 30 days. The remaining 37 percent read an average of 2.37 issues during that period, however.