Future plc today announces the proposed acquisition of the consumer division of Purch, the next generation digital publishing and marketplace platform, operating in the consumer technology and science vertical in a deal worth £105.7m ($132.5m).
The acquisition will give Future the number one position in consumer tech publishing in the US. Purch has successfully grown its digitally-led business through titles such as Tom’s Guide, Tom’s Hardware and Top Ten Reviews. Bringing Purch’s brands and digital platforms into the Future business will further cement Future’s position as a growing, global platform for specialist media.
Combining Future’s track record of growth, with Purch’s US market presence, will give a market-leading US position and more diversified revenue sources for Future going forwards. Purch’s cutting-edge technology will also help deliver on Future’s mission to be a tech and data-driven global platform.
Acquisition highlights & rationale
- Future proposes to acquire Purch’s consumer division in a deal worth £105.7m ($132.5m)
- Purch is a next-generation digital publishing and marketplace platform
- It’s leading consumer tech titles, such as Tom’s Guide, Tom’s Hardware and Top Ten Reviews, coupled with TechRadar mean Future will be the largest consumer tech network in the US
- Purch’s ad technology, RAMP, compliments Future’s technology platform, opening up further opportunities for our partners
- Opportunity to significantly increase the scale of Futures science and knowledge divisions, through Purch’s titles such as Space.comand Live Science