Perform acquires Global Sports Media (Holland)

GSMPerform Group plc announces that it has exercised its option to acquire the remaining 49% of shares, it does not currently own, in the Dutch company Global Sport Media B.V (“GSM”) for €4.3m cash consideration.

GSM was established in 2000. The company owns and runs the football information website and provides sports information services to a wide range of international customers. Perform acquired 51% of the shares on 9 January 2009 for €500k, along with an option to acquire the remaining 49%, based on either an agreed multiple calculation of 2011 full year results or a fixed price of €4.3m.

The 49% shareholding will be acquired from the original, founder shareholders A.P Robijn Holding B.V., Riku Soininen and Petri Laine. A.P Robijn will continue as CEO.

Outlined below are some key business highlights for GSM:

  •, which is a leading football information portal focused on real time and historical football data from over 800 global football competitions:
    – 3.5 million unique users per month
    – 90 million page impressions per month
  •, which is a general live score portal covering 13 different sports and 1,500 different sporting competitions
  • GSM also has a world leading sports information data business with over 170 clients

For the full story click Perform Group